Santa handing out presents.
On December 13, 2015 Community Living Kirkland Lake had their children’s Christmas Party. Everyone had a ton of fun playing games, doing crafts, eating snacks and meeting Santa Claus. The event was open to all children of the staff, volunteers and respite kids under the age of 12. If you would like to see more pictures of this fun event please click on the link Kids Christmas Party. Also, all the pictures from this event and past events can be found on our Facebook page
May is COMMUNITY LIVING MONTH!
We have a full line up of events again this year.
- May 5th – Rob Smith and Shelbie Fox will be on the radio with Fergie to talk about Community Living Month at 8:35 am
- May 6th – Raising of the flag at Town Hall at 2:00 pm
- May 7th – Book Donation to the Kirkland Lake Library at 11:00 am
- May 11th – Kirkland Lake Golden Bears vs. Kirkland Lake OPP at St. Jerome School at 7:00 pm. Entry fee is a non-perishable food. All donations will be given to the Salvation Army Food Bank.
- May 14th – May 24 Party Package Draw at Noon. Remember the winner will receive a prize package worth $1000.
- May 19th – Kirkland Lake Golden Bears vs U16 Swampdonkeys Girls basketball team at 7:00 pm at Northern College. Entry fee is $2 and all money goes towards Special Olympics Kirkland Lake and the Swampdonkeys
- May 23rd – Volunteer Appreciation BBQ at Kin Ross Pond from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. Go for a walk at Kin Ross pond have a hot dog and learn more about the opportunities for volunteering at CLKL.
- May 27th – Appreciation Cafe from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm at 51 Government Road West Lower Level. Invitations will be sent out to our community partners that have continued to help us over the years.
- May 30th – Garage Sale from 8:00 am to Noon at 4 Tweedsmuir. All profits made from the garage sale will go towards our Van Fundraiser. If you would like to donate furniture to be sold at the garage sale, please contact: Lise Rozich at 705-567-9331 X 222
If you have any questions about any of the events please contact Rob Smith at 705-567-9331 X230
To see the full calendar of events this May, click on the link below:
CALENDAR – Community Living Month May 2015
Community Living Kirkland Lake held its 67th Annual General Meeting on September 11, 2014. With a Redneck theme, the costumes were hilarious and the atmosphere was nothing short of outstanding. The board of directors for the upcoming year were announced, staff members were recognized for their years of dedication and volunteers were honoured for their countless hours of service with the agency.
Volunteers at Community Living Kirkland Lake accept awards for their hours of dedication over the past year.
It was with great honour that CLKL presented Lynne Marwick (DDS) with the Community Partner Award, Sherry Pothier the Volunteer of the Year Award and Ron Arbuckle the Peoples Choice Award. Unfortunately, Joel McCartney (CTRC) could not be there to accept his Community Partner Award. All of them have been essential in the success and continued growth of the people we support at Community Living Kirkland Lake.
Community Living Kirkland Lake is dedicated to promote social inclusion by providing meaningful supports, services and advocacy for individuals who have an intellectual disability and their families.
The Kirkland Golden Bears are pleased to announce their official roster for the 2014/2015 season:
The Kirkland Lake Golden Bears basketball program continues to grow and we are excited that we have three new players for this season. While the team is built to play basketball, the players themselves continue to show what true teamwork, respect, compassion and sportsmanship is all about. After competing in their first tournament last year in Sudbury, the Golden Bears are excited to play more games in the upcoming year and return to the Sudbury Tournament where they won the bronze last year. In addition to the tournament, the Golden Bears are looking at games against the KL Swampdonkeys, the KL OPP and other Special Olympics basketball teams in the area. Please come out and cheer on your Kirkland Lake Golden Bears.
We would like to thank St. Jerome School for opening up their gym to us for practices last year. Due to the size of the team, we have moved our practices to Sacred Heart school this year. We appreciate all our community partners and the support we have received and continue to receive from everyone in Kirkland Lake.
Picture taken at Goldland Billiards during the team Christmas Party.
For information on up- coming games and other information on the team please follow us on the Community Living Kirkland Lake Facebook page.