Role of the Volunteer
The volunteer’s role is to provide complimentary and/or enhanced services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
Under Community Living Kirkland Lake’s policies and procedure the following requirements must be met prior to becoming a volunteer:
- Fill out a VOLUNTEER APPLICATION Form
- Provide 2 Personal References
- Provide a Criminal Reference Check (Free of Charge) [pick up at our office at 51 Government Road West, Lower Level]
- TB Test- two-step or one-step TB test. TB tests can be done at the Timiskaming Health Unit at 31Station Road West in Kirkland Lake.
- Screening Interview with the Volunteer Coordinator.
Orientation & Training
Once the screening and interview process is complete Volunteers then go through the orientation and training process with the Volunteer Coordinator. The orientation take approximately two hours. During this time Volunteers learn a thorough overview of Community Living Kirkland Lake’s volunteer program, policies and procedures and quality assurance. Following the orientation the volunteer is then trained and introduced to the chosen/matched assignment.